What is it?
Cryotherapy - the modern-day icepack – but so much better
· Clients stand in extremely dry, cold air… as it decreases from −130°F to −184°F for 2-3 minutes.
· No moisture…
- do not apply lotions or fragrance
- do not enter the chamber sweaty
* At -184 degrees Fahrenheit, any moisture will freeze… wherever it is! *
· Strip down… put on your complimentary robe & slippers
· Extremities must be protected:
· Everyone wears:
- special mittens and booties on hands and feet.
- Guys must wear briefs.
- Ladies…sports bra is optional
· Step up into the chamber and disrobe.
· A whoosh of liquid nitrogen gas envelopes you… no it is not toxic
· The tank temp is not yet at its coldest, but over the 120-180seconds, it gets colder… your skin temperature reduces by about 20 degrees, but vital organs stay at normal temperatures.
· With your head fully exposed your Wellness Coach talks to you… to distract you & make time fly!
· Your skin temperature begins to warm up… as soon as you exit the chamber.
Keep moving, bouncing & rotating!
Expect to be chattering and shivering!
All in the name of wellness...
Invented in 1978 by Dr. Yamaguchi, a Japanese rheumatologist to help his patients with arthritis, Cryotherapy releases endorphins which stimulate your body’s natural healing abilities to reduce pain and inflammation from injury and chronic disease.
How it works
Whole Body Cryotherapy is a therapeutic recovery procedure using gasiform nitrogen, by exposing the body to extremely cold and dry air for 2-3 minutes. The treatment releases endorphins, stimulating your body’s natural healing abilities to reduce chronic pain and inflammation.